NSCA’s 2018 end-of-year review was run Tuesday, January 22, 2019. The criteria used for the 2018 end-of-year review is as follows:
- All shooters who started and ended the year in the same class and shot a minimum of 500 or more registered targets are eligible for review.
- All shooters who shot 1,000 or more registered targets in their ENDING class for the year are eligible for review.
- If a shooter has accumulated FEWER THAN the following required minimum number of punches in their ending class for the year (the aggregate over all gauges) and if their calculated CCFR (Current Class Finish Ratio) in their ending class for the year is greater than 0.600, the shooter will be reviewed and down-classed.
Number of punches earned per class, in order to be down-classed:
Master Class – fewer than 7 punches
AA Class – fewer than 4 punches
A and B Classes – fewer than 3 punches
C and D Classes – fewer than 2 punches
The CCFR is determined from the total finishes in ending class events (with more than 1 shooter in class) divided by the total number of entries in ending class events for the current year (for all gauges) which can be found on the NSCA website, in the individual shooter information records and on the annual shooter card to be distributed at year end.
- Any shooter (except AA Class), will be moved up a class if the criteria is met and if their current class finish ratio is less than 0.300 (see above criterion regarding upclassing).
- A shooter who has opted out of the end-of-year review will not be reviewed at end of year.
- International shooters will not be down-classed at the end-of-year review.
All 2019 NSCA class cards are being mailed to the membership on January 23, 24, and (if needed) 25, 2019.
Remember: A shooter who has been down-classed may refuse the down-class by returning the class refusal form at the bottom of their class card.
If you see that you were down-classed during the review process and you wish to refuse the down-class, you may also email Glynne Moseley at email@example.com; include your name and NSCA membership number, and state that you want to refuse the down class-and return to your 2018 class with any punches earned in 2018. We will make the adjustment to your classification and send an updated class card to you after the changes have been made.
Please — no phone calls to request your class refusal. We must have your request in writing.